Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Lydia has had a quiet day, appropriately so, for the cocoon image I hold in my heart. I am so aware that all of Lydia's needed healings are inner healings: the mending of broken bones and of her brain. As the days pass, I am able to look past all of the tubes, wires and machines, and see Lydia sleeping peacefully. The medical staff tell us that she will awaken when she is ready.
Lydia had a CT scan this am. It showed a tiny bit of ventricle swelling which is not of concern. It did lead the neurologist to decide against removing the ICP tube & monitor.
A music therapist came with her guitar to sing to Lydia today. Music is such a gift. We sang The Lord is My Shepherd together. I also played for Lydia the special voice messages recorded by her teachers and friends at school. I think she enjoyed them. The nurses remarked this as well, after looking at Lydia's vitals. I know the messages brought a smile to my face and tears to my eyes. Thank you all for your continued support.