Thursday, November 8, 2012

We have had an exciting day!  (Of course, with excitement, comes stress, something that is difficult for Lydia to process.)  A hair stylist and an esthetician from a local Salon came to our home today to do our hair and makeup, and a photographer arrived soon after, to take photos for an upcoming magazine  publication.   Exciting!   Unfortunately, these are all the details that I can share at this time.
Lydia has had a hard time handling emotions today.  She did very well during the time that stylists, editors, writers and photographers were here, thankfully.  In the morning, and afterwards, her mind kept racing, and sleep evaded her, even though she was exhausted.  (We think that she is still recovering from yesterday in Toronto.)  Tonight she required a lot of care to settle and fall asleep.  She wants me to be with her all the time, and I can't be.  I need to tend to the boys needs, have time with  James, and for myself too.  To say that this leg of the journey has hard moments for us all,  feels like an understatement tonight.  The weightiness of the last thirty hours have been keenly felt.
So I lean into Jesus.  In a day where I have struggle to give sacrificially, to love deeply, I cling to Jesus. I am holding on to Him.  He is already all I need.