Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Lydia continues to tire quickly and she requires regular rest.  She has been very emotional today.  Whenever home is mentioned she cries, or she thinks about her brothers, asks about them, and then cries.  Crying still does not have any tears for Lydia, it is shuddering and wailing sounds, but no tears.  She has cried repeatedly at seeing me.  She forgets I am here, and then exclaims "Oh Mommy, I have missed you so much," and then she reaches out for a hug and cries.  While these tender expressions of love are moving, I long for her to be at a spot where she can be more steady.  So Lord, steady Lydia's heart, I pray.

Lately, Lydia has had a charming way of asserting her like or love of someone, and then asking for another's opinion on the matter.  For example, she will say to me, "I love Daddy.  Do you love Daddy?"  When I answer with great affirmation, she claps her hands and says "Yeah, I love Daddy too!"  Tonight, after I had tucked Lydia into bed, she began talking.  I asked her to repeat herself, and she said she wasn't talking to me!  So I sat back.  Next I heard:  "Thank you for Mommy.  I love Mommy.  Do you love Mommy?  Me too.  That's good..  .... I love you too."  All I could do was bow my head and hold the holiness of this moment.   May Jesus continue to speak tenderly to her all night long.

Today I played Already All I Need for Lydia today.  As soon as she heard the piano at the start of the song, she closed her eyes, put her head back, looked heavenward and smiled.  The second time she heard it, she was singing along - pretty good for someone with short term memory deficits!

Christy Nockels has another beautiful song, called Healing Is In Your Hands.  In fact, the whole album, "Into the Glorious" is full of powerful songs.  No matter where we are, healing is in His hands.

Healing Is In Your Hands

No mountain, no valley, no gain or loss we know
could keep us from Your love
No sickness, no secret, no chain is strong enough
to keep us from Your love
to keep us from Your love

How high, how wide
No matter where I am, healing is in Your hands
How deep, How strong,
And now by Your grace I stand, healing is in Your hands

Our present, our future, our past is in Your hands
We're covered by Your blood
We're covered by Your blood

How high, How wide
no matter where I am, healing is in Your hands
How deep, How strong
And now by Your grace I stand, healing is in Your hands

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sG94EKGDcU