Saturday, August 11, 2012

This morning I awaken with my heart full.  Thank you God, for this new day, for your presence with us, for your mercies, your faithfulness, and your love.  I am thankful for the quiet of the house, with all the children slumbering; puddles of water on the lane; birds song; my daughter's laundry mixed in with all of ours; gathering around the table together.  Thank you Lord, for this new beauty of family, with younger brothers caring for older sister, for laughter and smiles, and for hope.  You are doing a new thing, and we perceive it.  We thank You, and we worship You.

Isaiah 43:19 See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.

Psalm 16:11  You make known to us the path of life;
In your presence is fullness of joy.