Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Today we realized that the information boards that we have had in our Farm Market on Lydia's condition, needed updating.  They have said that she is in a coma.  She is definitely out of the coma, awake and responsive all day.  We celebrate this milestone in her recovery!
On the weekend, when I was snuggling with Lydia in her bed at home, I pointed to the ceiling, where there is a large green butterfly hanging.  I told her why butterflies were  a symbol of hope for us.  I explained how the caterpillar is in a cocoon for a long time, and it looks like nothing is happening.  But many unseen things are taking place.  When the transformations are complete, the butterfly breaks out of the cocoon, and crawls into the sun, to dry its wings before taking flight. She listened as I told her how she had been in a quiet space for a long time, and that beautiful things were taking place in her while she rested there.  I shared with her how we trusted God for his unseen work, even when we couldn't see anything changing in her.   When I finished by telling her that she is like the butterfly, and that God has given her wings to fly and experience new things, she nodded her head.  I asked her if she liked that, and she gave me a thumbs up.
This week we celebrate that the butterfly has emerged from her cocoon.  She has many, many new things to learn and experience, but God has given her a heart of joy, and the determination to try.