Saturday, June 9, 2012

Blessings

Every time I leave Lydia to return home, I place my hand on her forward and say or sing to her: 
"The Lord Bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26
This is a blessing we have sung or said over our children from the time they were infants, although we do not do it as regularly as we once did.  Usually, as we retired to bed, and looked in on them to see them sleeping peacefully, we would say Numbers 6:24-26.  
With renewed love and peace, we say this blessing over Lydia as she sleeps deeply, cocooned in the light and love of Jesus.
We were recently received this encouraging email:
Since yesterday I have been praying this over Lydia and wanted to share this you - may it encourage and strengthen you today and may every promise/every word breathe LIFE into Lydia. It is taken from Numbers 6 :22-27, it is known as the Aaronic blessing given to Moses for the His people (us). This apparently is the expanded version from the original Hebrew. I have inserted Lydia's name to personalize it and it seems fitting to do so.

Yahweh will kneel before Lydia presenting gifts and He will guard Lydia with a hedge of protection.
Yahweh will illuminate the wholeness of His being towards Lydia bringing order and He will provide Lydia with love, sustenance and friendship.
Yahweh will lift up the wholeness of His being and look upon Lydia and He will set in place all Lydia needs to be whole and complete.
So, I will put my name on Lydia (the Israelites) and I will bless her (them).
 
I love it!  We look to Yahweh, Yahweh, forever Yahweh, Yahweh.  And He shall reign forever, He shall reign forever, He shall reign, forever and ever ...  Sing it with me!