Monday, June 18, 2012

Grandma and Grandpa were with Lydia today. Her physiotherapist had her out of her room and down to the gym. Afterwards, apparently Lydia was pretty tired, but Ryan was satisfied with the "work" they were able to do. Again, we think, who knew you could do so much while in a coma? Now that Lydia's neck brace has been removed she requires a different wheel chair; one with a head support on it, so that she can be upright more often. Her rash has cleared, and she has had a good day. We are so thankful that her grandparents can be with her at the hospital, allowing us some days at home, and some sense of normalcy for the boys.

It was one month ago, yesterday that our lives changed. When we look back over our years of marriage, we are grateful for the many full, abundant years that we have enjoyed together. The future will hold more laughter, joy and family adventures and activities. It may just look different than what we have known. We are adjusting to our new normal. We quiet our racing minds in our moments of fear, remembering that He is with us. We trust Him to hold us.

Isaiah 30:15 This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
"In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,"

Today, another song from Kari Jobe blessed me: 

Find You on My Knees

Trouble chasing me again
Breaking down my best defense
I´m looking
God I´m looking for you

Weary just won´t let me rest
And fear is filling up my head
I'm longing
God I´m longing for you
But I will

Find you in the place I´m in
Find you when I´m at my end
Find you when there's
Nothing left of me to offer you
Except for brokenness
You lift me up
You never leave me thirsty
When I am weak
When I´m lost and searching
I find you on my knees

So what if sorrow shakes my faith
What if heartache still remains
I'll trust you
My god I´ll trust you
'Cause you are faithful
And I will

When my hope is gone
When the fear is strong
When the pain is real
When the it's hard to heal.

When my faith is shaken
And my heart is broken
And my joy is stolen
God I know that you lift me up
You never leave me searching