Sunday, June 3, 2012

Prayers to share

We have been very touched by your prayers.  I thought I would share a few of the ones that we have received:
Today:  Thank you Lord, for giving Lydie the strength and determination to breathe on her own today!  She is so strong, Lord, and we know that You are her strength and her healer.
Last week: Lord, we are your precious children, and we celebrate your love today. Continue to snuggle with Lydia, in her cocoon of healing. Soothe her with your ointment. Whisper your love words to her. We say again that we trust You and we entrust her to You. You love her more than all of us combined and your love brings life.
And quite succinctly, a three year old boy that Lydia has babysat, prayed that God would heal her from "head to toe".  Amen!
A dear friend has also shared a prayer that was written by Charles de Foucauld.   It echoes the prayers we have been trying to pray since May 17, as we surrender to our Loving Father.   

Father, I abandon myself into your hands.
Do with me whatever you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you.
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me,
and in all your creatures.

Into your hands I commend my spirit.
I offer it to you with all the love that is in my heart.
For I love you, Lord, and so want to give myself,
To surrender myself into your hands,
without reserve and with boundless confidence,
For you are my father.
Amen.