Friday, June 15, 2012

Steady My Heart

I have just returned home from Friday Friends, and what a blessing it is to me, this group of beautiful women of God, who gather once a month on a Friday evening, to share deeply and pray for one another.  We have been together for many years, and in this long journey with Lydia, these sisters are holding me up, like Aaron and Hur held up Moses' arms when he grew weary.  (Exodus 17:10-12)  We walk this path together, caring for one another, sharing our burdens and our joys,  praying together for the will of our heavenly Father to be done on earth, as it is in heaven.  With this trusted group of women, my heart declares, "How beautiful is the body of Christ".

Driving home tonight, I listened repeatedly to Kari Jobe's song Steady My Heart - music blaring and singing loudly, proclaiming the presence of God in the midst of pain, and finding refuge in His arms.  One thing I know for certain, He is HERE - right with us in this.  There are no depths we can go to where He is not there with us to steady our hearts. 

Wish it could be easy
Why is life so messy
Why is pain a part of us
There are days I feel like
Nothing ever goes right
Sometimes it just hurts so much

But You're here
You're real
I know I can trust You

Even when it hurts
Even when it's hard
Even when it all just falls apart
I will run to You
Cause I know that You are

Lover of my soul
Healer of my scars
You steady my heart (x2)

I'm not gonna worry
I know that You got me
Right inside the palm of your hand
Each and every moment
What's good and what gets broken
Happens just the way that You plan

And I will run to You
You're my refuge in Your arms
And I will sing to You
Cause of everything You are

You steady my heart (x2)

Have a listen, and sing it with abandon.